Just outside Hoedspruit, in the eastern reaches of South Africa's Limpopo Province lies the Hoedspruit Airport, your gateway to the heartland of the country's abundant wildlife in private game reserves, the world-famous Kruger National Park, and the towns of Tzaneen and Phalaborwa.
Some facts about Hoedspruit Airport:
- Second longest runway in South Africa (longest being Upington).
- Earmarked for NASA shuttle landing in the 1980's.
- Being a CAT5/7 airport, Hoedspruit Airport can accommodate any sized aircraft from an Antonov 124, to an Airbus, to a Papa Charlie.
- Hoedspruit Airport services over 70 luxury accommodation providers from 10-88 bed guest lodges, as well as an expanding range of wildlife housing estates in the area.
- Mozambique corridor entrance through Orpen Gate, Kruger Park.
In addition to these scheduled flights, Hoedspruit Airport is ideally suited to the handling of private charter flights.